Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Big day!

We rush around every morning hoping to get to the hospital as soon as the NICU opens.  Of course when we're there on time, Josh's neurosurgeon doesn't come until 11am.  When we're 15 minutes late, he has already stopped by!  We waited for a while for the ultrasound tech to get there and do the ultrasound on Joshua's head.  As soon as she finished, she brought the results to neurosurgery.  As you can imagine, we were on pins and needles waiting to hear what his doctor had to say!  He finally got there at about noon and said that everything looked great!  It brings tears to my eyes as I recall his words.  Joshua's ventricles were slightly enlarged but still looked normal!  They are going to check them again early on Friday morning.  The great news is that if they still look the same size, they will probably send us home this weekend!

On Thursday, we will have been here for 6 weeks.  It seems like a lifetime ago since I delivered.  Never would I have guessed that we would still be here.  We can hardly wait for Joshua to hear the sounds of a car, see the room we've created for him, and many other things.  We are thrilled with the idea that we could be going home soon.  It's been a long journey but we're almost there! 

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ya'll,
    This is Jackie, your baby cousin, but the thing is I'm not a little baby anymore lol I'll be 17 in just a few months. I'm so glad to hear about Joshua's progress and I'm also excited to see ya'll. As you know already we'll be visiting this weekend and everyone is so happy. I'll see ya'll later and have a good day!!!!!!
    Love,
    Jackie
    (PS: I'm so scared to have all three aunts in the same state. This is going to be interesting lol.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for the little guy's US tomorrow am - so hopeful that you will get to take him home soon!
    Love, Sarah

    ReplyDelete